Hi, my name is Grace and welcome to my site!
I’m a 20-something-year-old Canadian with a love for all things pretty and a proud cat mommy to my 3-year-old cat, Mixi.
Let’s start off with a few facts about me, shall we?
1. I’ve always had a love for art and design. I’ve always been a musical person (I played the clarinet, piano, and saxophone in school) and practiced different forms of art since I was a kid (drawing, Chinese watercolor painting, etc). I also used to design and run blogs back when I was still in university and spent a lot of time designing and selling business web templates in Photoshop. I loved that I was able to do something I enjoyed while earning a little bit of cash.
2. I have a bachelor’s in business (with a major in finance) but found after a few years of working in my field that it’s just not something that I have a passion for. I’m hoping that 2017 will be my year of figuring things out!
3. I’m a little bit of a neat freak at times and can get super anxious if I find too much clutter around me. I find that cleaning is super therapeutic though once I start.
4. I’ve always loved animals. I was only allowed to have fish as a pet growing up (boringgg!) so when I finally moved out on my own at 23 years old and got Mixi as a kitten, I was super stoked. Sometimes I do spoil her a little too much but she’s my everything! icon-heart One day, I would love to work with animals in one way or another!
5. You may think that my favorite color is pink, pink, and more pink after you’ve visited this site. The answer is *drum roll* …nope! Now I do love all things girly but I actually have a serious love affair with black, white, and red!
6. I’ve lived in the Great White North since I was born and I hate the weather here. It’s cold more than half the year and we only truly get summer for 2 months out of the year. I was born a summer baby so maybe that’s why I fare so much better in the summer heat!
Why did I start this site?
GlossyBelle.com is a beauty and lifestyle blog that I started to document my experiences, reviews, and thoughts on all topics related to beauty, skincare, shopping, health, and fitness.
Ever since I was young, I had always been interested in makeup and skincare and I loved experimenting with new products.
What started this love for beauty waswhen I began experiencing moderate acne all over my faceas a young teen all the way until my early 20’s. During that time, I learned a lot about skincare and makeup after a ton of experimentation with different beauty products and healthy eating. From there, I started finding a passion in not only beauty but living a more healthy lifestyle.
I am passionate about helping others be a more beautiful version of themselves, both inside and out!
Want to connect? Shoot me an email or follow me on social media.