If you have a hard time completing tasks and often feel unfocused and undisciplined, you might be stuck in a negative cycle of procrastinating. This can lead to low levels of productivity, self-trust, and self-esteem.
Getting out of this negative cycle and finally being able to break through the bad habit of procrastination can be very freeing and rewarding.
You can help yourself stay focused and find your confidence again by practicing affirmations for procrastination.
This daily practice can positively alter your thoughts and actions, which will ultimately lead you to take action faster and boost your productivity so you can achieve more in life.
Do You Tell Yourself Negative Statements?
If you often find yourself saying negative statements to yourself when you have to finish a task such as…
I’ll do it another time.
I can’t do it.
I’m feeling lazy.
I’m afraid I’m going to fail so I’m going to put it off.
It’s too hard.
I procrastinated and feel bad about it so I’m not going to try anymore.
…you are telling yourself you are not capable and limiting yourself from reaching your true potential.
Another great supplement along with the previous mentions is to practice daily affirmations.
Why You Should Practice Positive Affirmations For Procrastination
Practicing affirmations can create a positive feedback loop that can help realize your goals and dreams into existence.
This follows the law of attraction, which suggests that positive thoughts bring more positivity while negative thoughts bring further outcomes that are more negative.
As a procrastinator, the negative statements that you tell yourself all the time can create limiting beliefs that negatively impact your decision-making processes and actions day in and day out.
When it comes down to it, these limiting beliefs can greatly affect the potential success you experience in your life.
To counter these negative thoughts and stories that aren’t serving you, you can work on re-training your brain to have a different mindset.
Affirmations are powerful positive statements that can help you reduce limiting beliefs that hold you back from your true potential. They can empower you to take back control of your actions so you can manifest a better outcome.
They are great reminders of just how capable and strong-minded you are.
Stop Procrastinating In 30 Days Challenge
Before we get into ways to practice procrastination affirmations, check out my Stop Procrastinating In 30 Days Challenge. This guided challenge will help you take back control of your time and make significant progress with your goals as you turn your procrastination into productivity.
Ways To Start Practicing Daily Affirmations To Stop Procrastinating
Affirmations can lead to great positive changes in your life.
However, changes take time as the mind needs to start getting into the habit of going against that negative voice in your head.
Whether that voice is telling you you’re not capable, you’d rather do something easier, or you’d rather not try to attempt a task as that way you can’t fail, affirmations aren’t going to fix these thoughts overnight.
You can’t just say these statements to yourself once or twice and hope that you’ll magically stop procrastinating.
They need to become a part of your self-care routine and even then, you still need to work hard at not carrying out the same actions as before that didn’t serve you.
Morning Affirmations For Procrastination
A great way to prime your mind at the start of the day to work hard and not slack or leave things until the last minute is to follow a morning routine where you practice saying these affirmations.
Why is the morning such a great time?
Well, a new day is a fresh start. Think of it as a small little reset from the previous day.
You can say these morning affirmations to yourself in front of the mirror or listen to an audio track and then repeat them back to yourself.
You are telling yourself right in the morning that you’re a capable person who can stop letting bad habits of procrastinating sabotage you from reaching your goals.
You’re also reminding yourself that the actions you take throughout the day will shape your future.
Write Them In A Journal
If you like to physically write on paper, you can write your affirmations out. This is a great addition if you already write in a journal regularly to document your thoughts and feelings.
The great thing about writing is that you can always reference these statements at a later time. It’s a nice way to look back on what you were working on yourself weeks, months, or years ago down the line.
Procrastination Journal Prompts
Get your free procrastination journal delivered straight to your inbox and start living a more productive and fulfilling life.
Choose Statements That Resonate With You
It’s important to choose affirmations that speak to you and that you believe can be or are true.
It’s not going to do you any good if you repeat these to yourself without really visualizing what they mean because you’d just be wasting your time.
Use your imagination if that helps you visualize yourself as a disciplined person who doesn’t procrastinate.
Think of what your weaknesses are, your strengths, your goals, and what is keeping you back from doing things right away.
Then choose a few from this list that you want to focus on. You don’t need to say all of these if they don’t apply to you.
If you don’t think that these affirmations are true yet, you can always add an “I believe” statement before them for now as you work through them.
50 Daily Affirmations For Overcoming Procrastination
1. I’ve got this.
2. I don’t put things off.
3. I am motivated to finish my work.
4. I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
5. I am not perfect and I give myself permission to be imperfect.
6. I don’t quit when it’s tough.
7. I believe in myself.
8. I finish my tasks with ease.
9. I am confident I can finish anything I focus on.
10. I am taking care of my future right now by taking action today.
11. My future self will thank me.
12. I am energetic and ready to tackle problems.
13. It’s easy for me to overcome procrastination.
14. I can easily complete an action every day.
15. I can start and finish projects on time.
16. It’s easy for me to take action immediately.
17. I act quickly.
18. I take action even when I doubt myself.
19. I am not lazy.
20. I control my destiny.
21. I effortlessly complete hard tasks.
22. I am disciplined.
23. I enjoy the process of completing hard tasks.
24. I start doing even when I am not motivated.
25. I give myself compassion for procrastinating in the past.
26. I don’t quit even when I make mistakes.
27. I am fully able to concentrate on my priorities.
28. I take action today so I will have a great future tomorrow.
29. I step up even when it’s hard.
30. I face my fears and just do.
31. I enjoy getting things done.
32. I am taking the steps to create my dream life every day.
33. I may fail but I will continue to try.
34. I take the necessary steps to improve my life every day.
35. Every step I take makes a difference.
36. I easily control my actions.
37. It’s easy to stay focused.
38. I am consistent.
39. I have strong willpower to finish my tasks.
40. I act now, not later.
41. I enjoy getting a head start.
42. I can conquer any problems I face.
43. My time is valuable.
44. I put all my effort into a task to complete it as best as possible.
45. I can change my life and stop procrastinating.
46. I am proactive, not reactive.
47. I have a great work ethic.
48. The words “I can’t” are not in my vocabulary.
49. I am competent.
50. I give myself future freedom by finishing my tasks today.
By practicing these procrastination affirmations day by day, you’ll gain the strength to start acting and accomplishing the goals you’ve set out for yourself.
This can be a long process as you change your negative habit of procrastinating so keep at it!
Stop Procrastinating In 30 Days
Join the 30-day challenge to kick your procrastination habit to the curb.
- Affirmations For Getting Stuff Done & Achieving Your Goals
- 30 Powerful Gratitude Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
- How To Stop Procrastinating
- 20 Books To Read To Beat Procrastination
- 60 Affirmations For Success At Work
- 50 Positive Affirmations For Confidence And Self-Esteem
- How To Create A Morning Routine To Reach Your Goals
What are some affirmations to overcome procrastination that you like to practice? What are some of your favorites?