It’s finally that time of year again!
Amazon has officially announced that Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening this year on October 13 and will last a full 48 hours until October 14.
If you’re like me and you’re ready to score some door-crasher deals with prices comparable to Black Friday, here are 7 simple tips to help you save money.
1. You Must Be An Amazon Prime Member
In order to take advantage of this event that is exclusive to Prime members and get in on the sweet deals, you must have an Amazon Prime membership.
So if you aren’t already, now is the perfect time to sign up for a membership.
Try it for free for 30 days. If within the 30 days you find that it’s not for you, you can cancel at any time and your credit card won’t be charged.
So what exactly do you get with the Amazon Prime membership? As a member, you’ll enjoy:
- Free Two-Day Shipping
- Free Same-Day and Prime Now Delivery in select areas
- Skip the line and get your products on release day
- Prime Now delivers thousands of items with Free 2-hour Delivery or 1-Hour Delivery
- Enjoy exclusive brands and early access to deals available only to Prime members
- Download one of six editors’ picks for free before the official publication date
- Cancel anytime after the 30-day trial is up
Ready to take advantage of the benefits of Amazon Prime? Click here to try Amazon Prime free for 30 days.
2. Make A List Of Everything You Want
Have your list of everything you want to buy before October 13th arrives so you’ll be prepared and ready to purchase your items.
You want to be able to just add the items into your cart and check out on the day of without needing to take extra time to figure out if you really want something or not. You also don’t want to forget about an item by accident!
There will be a lot of bigger-ticket items on sale so research on items that you think you’ll need to replace or add to your home.
You’ll also want to stock up on any household essentials that you’ll need for the year. It’s a great time to buy in bulk.
Here are some awesome deals and subscriptions to check out before the sale is over:
- Toshiba 43-Inch Smart HD 1080p Fire TV Edition ($70 off!)
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle ($70 off!)
- Echo Show 5 + Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera ($49.99 – originally $124.98!)
- Amazon Music Unlimited – Want to listen to unlimited music and podcasts with no stops, ads, or restrictions? Get a 4-month free trial for just $0.99.
- Audible – Looking to get a great deal on an Audible membership? Get 2 audible books and a free-trial to try Audible for 30-days.
- Shop Small Businesses – Until October 12th, get $10 to spend on Prime Day when you spend $10 on select small businesses
- eBooks – From October 5-12, spend $20 on any eBook and get a $5 eBook credit to spend on any eBook
- Whole Foods – Spend $10 on Whole Foods and get a $10 credit on Prime Day
3. Check Reviews On Fakespot
Don’t forget to also research on product reviews on Fakespot.
There are a lot of fake reviews on Amazon so checking Fakespot will let you know whether the reviews for a product are real or fake.
Don’t make the mistake of quickly judging a product on Amazon that has a ton of great reviews and an awesome rating and flush your money down the drain.
All of those points may end up enticing you to buy the product only for you to find that the product is a huge flop when it arrives at your doorstep.
4. Shop For Christmas Gifts Now (Yes, In October!)
You might think that I’m crazy when I talk about buying Christmas gifts in October but it’s actually a really great way of saving money.
By taking advantage of Amazon Prime Day, you’ll be able to get the best deals, save time and money, and avoid crowded malls and checkout lines that you would normally experience during the Christmas rush.
So think of everyone that you need to buy gifts for, purchase them during the sale and you’ll be thankful you were proactive in the summer when the holiday season arrives.
5. Check CamelCamelCamel
A great tool to use and reference back to when you’re shopping for Amazon Prime Day is CamelCamelCamel.
You might be thinking that such a site sounds like a joke but I promise you it’s not!
In fact, you can check the entire price history of an item on Amazon as well as get price drop alerts so this nifty tool is super useful.
Once you’ve found the items that you’re interested in purchasing, you can create a price watch and get alerts of price drops via tweets or email.
They also have a browser extension called The Camelizer that easily lets you see that price history charts of items.
6. Use Honey
In addition to using CamelCamelCamel, be sure to use Honey to receive even more savings.
Honey will automatically scour the Internet for you with just a click of a button and find every available coupon for you to apply to your checkout.
You won’t ever need to go searching for them yourself again and you’ll know you’re paying the lowest price available each time.
It will even tell you if the Amazon item you’re looking at is the cheapest option based on shipping, tax, Prime status, and seller reputation as shown in the picture above.
Just download the extension to your browser and activate it when you’re shopping online and get ready to save. It currently works for anyone living in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia. Sign up for Honey here and start saving today.
7. Use Rakuten
Last but not least, before checking out your cart, I recommend that you activate Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) to get cashback off your entire Amazon Prime Day purchase.
I’ve talked about Rakuten before in my post about how easy it is to save money every time you shop online.
So far, I’ve earned over $400 in cash back just by shopping regularly online the way I normally do! I highly, highly recommend that you check out their site and app if you haven’t yet.
Want to learn more about Rakuten? Read my in-depth review and step-by-step tutorial on how to get hundreds of dollars of cash back.
Note: Only activate and use Rakuten if Honey states there are no available coupons because you can’t use them simultaneously together. You can only choose one.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 Deals
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for the sale to start on October 13 at 12AM. You don’t want to miss out on these deals.
Here Are More Ways To Save Money
- 13 Ways To Save Money On Groceries Every Month
- 30 Ways To Save Money & Cut Down Your Monthly Expenses
- Christmas On A Budget: How To Save For Christmas So You Don’t Go Broke
- 10 Simple Ways To Save Money On Utilities Each Month
- 7 Money Saving Shopping Apps You Need In Your Life
Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day? Let me know in the comments!