Are you looking to decorate your home this holiday season without breaking the bank?
If you’re feeling like your wallet is crying because of all the extra spending this season, you might be telling yourself that you have to scale back on decorating your home or not even decorate at all. Decorating doesn’t have to be super expensive though!
Today, I’ll be talking about 14 awesome and affordable Christmas home decor ideas you can use to help transform your home into a winter wonderland without spending a ton of cash.
1. Pillows – One of my must-have items I like to incorporate into my decor during the holidays to give a cozy feel to my living room are pillows. I like to change out my pillows right at the beginning of the holiday season because it easily changes up the vibe of the whole house! White and cream colored pillows are really fitting during the cold, winter seasons because the color is so similar to snow. I really like the white, fuzzy pillows like the one pictured above!
Plaid Pillows – These come in a set of 2!
2. Christmas Stockings – A definite must for a touch of Christmas is to hang a few stockings on the mantle. It’s also a great place to house any stocking stuffer presents you’ll be giving to your loved ones on Christmas.
3. Faux Sheepskin Shaggy Area Rug – Another item I always like to take out for the winter season is a statement faux sheepskin area rug. This is such a cozy piece! It can be placed on the floor to help keep your feet warm during the cold winter months or even on your chair or couch (like pictured above). Best of all, it’s faux fur so you don’t have to worry about any animals being harmed in the process of making it.
4. LED String Lights – These rose gold LED lantern string lights are absolutely beautiful and will give your room a nice cozy vibe. I always love to bring these out during the holiday season! If you’re not into lantern string lights, you can get plain string lights instead which are totally malleable and can be shaped in any way you’d like. They can be hung on your bed, door frames, and even put into small jars!
5. Christmas Tree – Of course, this Christmas home decor list wouldn’t be complete without a Christmas tree! This 6′ tree is an absolute steal for the price. Just add some ornaments, lights, a nice angel or star at the top, and you’re good to go! It’s also probably a good idea to get a tree skirt at the bottom to hide the tree legs. If your apartment or house is too small to fit a large tree, a small tabletop Christmas tree is a great alternative to decorate with instead.
6. Sherpa Throw – Another must-have item is a luxurious sherpa throw to add some dimension to your sofa. This red throw is ultra-plush and absolutely gorgeous and will easily help turn your room into a super cozy, winter haven. It’s also great to cuddle under when you’re watching a Christmas movie on the couch!
7. Flameless Candles – Another great decor piece for the holidays is a set of flameless candles. If you have pets and kids, lighting up real wax candles can be a serious hazard if they’re knocked over. And even if you don’t have any kids or pets, if you’re paranoid about candles burning down the house, these LED flameless candles are a lifesaver. They totally mimic real candles, are battery operated, and even flicker like real candles.
8. Wall Art– An easy way to spruce up your home for the holidays is to hang beautiful wall art around the house. I love adding pieces that have cute holiday graphics and/or phrases like the ones pictured above.
9. Wreath – Your Christmas home decor isn’t complete without a beautiful wreath with ornaments! Stick this on your front door or hang it inside to bring a little more festiveness to your home.
10. Garland – Garlands are easy holiday pieces to beautify the inside and outside of your home! This pre-lit 25′ garland is super long and can be placed on the fence (like pictured above) or on mantels or tables inside. They help give a festive vibe to the room right away without much work involved.
11. Dinnerware Set– Complete your Christmas home decor with this fun and festive 16-piece set dinnerware set, which includes a set of plates, bowls, and mugs that serve up to 4 people. They’re super lightweight yet durable!
12. Animal Figurines – Cute decorative animal figurines are absolutely adorable to help make your home feel like a winter wonderland. Snowy owls and reindeer, just to name a few, are cute animals to add to your decor!
13. Welcome Mat – Add a durable but cute winter-themed welcome mat to your front door and help keep the snow and slush out of your house at the same time!
14. Marquee Letters – Want to add some winter glam to your holiday decor? This battery-operated wooden marquee sign is super cute, festive, and easy to set up. It’s such a great piece to decorate tables and mantles.
What are some of your favorite Christmas home decor pieces you’ll be putting up in your house this holiday season?