If you feel like you’re constantly feeling anxious, stressed, or worried, it’s easy to let these negative feelings take over your life.
Luckily, becoming aware of how and when you are thinking negatively and work deliberately to be more positive can move you away from this state.
To self-soothe and ease feelings of worry and stress, practicing positive self affirmations for anxiety can bring about more positivity and calmness and improve your overall well-being.
Why You Should Practice Affirmations For Anxiety And Fear
Feeling anxiety and fear is common. After all, you don’t know what will happen in the future and you can’t control all the variables of how things will turn out.
But these negative thoughts that come from anxiety and fear can be really harmful because they can create limiting beliefs that can negatively impact your relationships, decision-making processes, and actions day in and day out.
And when it comes down to it, these limiting beliefs can greatly affect the potential success you experience in your life.
So to counter these negative thoughts and stories that aren’t serving you and take back control, you can work on re-training your brain to have a more positive mindset so that the anxiety and fear doesn’t take over.
To help this process, you can practice affirmations.
Affirmations are powerful positive statements that can help you reduce limiting beliefs that hold you back from your true potential.
They can empower you to take back control of the negativity, anxiety, and stress that might be creating barriers to your growth.
These statements are a great addition when you’re on your personal growth journey.
Ways To Start Practicing Powerful Daily Affirmations For Anxiety
Affirmations can help lead to positive changes in your life. However, these changes aren’t something that just happens overnight.
You can’t just say these statements to yourself once or twice and be done with it. They need to be a part of your daily self-care routine.
Positive Morning Affirmations For Anxiety
A great way to start adding daily affirmations for reducing anxiety is to incorporate them into your morning routine.
Why is the morning such a great time? Well, you’re just starting a new day so it’s a fresh start.
You can say these to yourself or listen to an audio track and repeat them out loud to help put you in the right mindset to start the day with positivity and light.
Write Them In A Journal
If you enjoy your self-care routine at night, a great way to add this to your day is to write your affirmations out in a journal before bed.
The great thing about writing is that you can always reference these statements later. You will have a record of what you were working on yourself many weeks, months, or years ago down the line.
Use Them In Time Of Need
Positive affirmations don’t have to just be used proactively.
If you’re feeling stuck in a state of worry and stress, you can always whip out these statements and give yourself a gentle reminder that things aren’t so bad.
The future is uncertain but will turn out the way it’s supposed to in due time.
Choose The Best Affirmations To Calm Anxiety That Resonates With You
It’s important to choose affirmations that resonate with you and that you believe can be or are true.
You can’t just go through the motions and repeat these to yourself without really visualizing what they mean and actually saying them with heart.
Think of what your weaknesses are, your strengths, your goals, and what is holding you back from being less anxious and worried.
Then choose a few from this list that you want to focus on. You don’t need to say all of these if they don’t apply to you.
If you don’t think that these affirmations are true yet, you can always add an “I believe” statement before them for now as you work through them.
More Affirmation Ideas
- 30 Powerful Gratitude Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
- 35 Powerful Positive Morning Affirmations To Practice Every Day
- 75 Positive Affirmations Before Bed To End The Day
- 30 Affirmations For Joy And Happiness
40 Calming Affirmations For Anxiety
Here is a list of positive affirmations for anxiety you can incorporate into your routine.
These are perfect to help remind yourself that your anxious thoughts are just thoughts and that they’re not reality nor permanent.
1. I am calm.
2. I trust my intuition.
3. I can do this.
4. I am following my dreams.
5. I am present in this moment.
6. Everything is going to be alright.
7. I am choosing to feel joy and happiness.
8. I release the past and forgive myself.
9. I am able to solve any problems that come my way.
10. My thoughts are just thoughts.
11. I feel peace.
12. Nothing can bring me down.
13. I accept myself as I am.
14. I am grateful for everything that I’m going through.
15. I am capable.
16. I am breathing deeply and feeling more calm.
17. I deserve to feel peace, joy, and happiness.
18. I am strong.
19. I am proud of my strength.
20. I am inhaling happiness and strength and exhaling fear, stress, tension, and anxiety.
21. I am going to see brighter days.
22. I am crafting a great life.
23. I am on my way to achieving inner peace.
24. My thoughts and feelings are all valid.
25. I am facing my fears head-on.
26. I feel support from my family and friends.
27. I am making the most of my circumstances.
28. I can handle anything.
29. I can overcome this.
30. I am manifesting a life I love.
31. I am continually growing to be the best version of myself every day.
32. I am enough.
33. I am on my journey of healing.
34. I am no longer feeling panic.
35. I feel at ease.
36. I am relaxed.
37. What I am feeling is only temporary.
38. I am grounded.
39. I am in control.
40. The Universe is guiding me.
Keep working on these and bit by bit, you should feel more less anxious energy and attract positivity and tranquility into your life.
If you don’t believe in these statements about yourself at first, keep training your mind to start believing in these statements the more you practice them.
This can be a process so keep at it!
More Wellness Ideas
- 15 Daily Self-Care Habits That Will Inspire Joy & Happiness In Your Life
- 15 Ways To Easily Boost Your Mood Right Now
- 10 Calming Indoor Plants For Stress Relief
- 7 Ways To Remove Negativity From Your Life
- How To Relax After A Stressful Day At Work
What are some affirmations for anxiety and stress that resonate with you? Let me know in the comments!