The new year is upon us which means it’s a great time to work towards becoming a better you.
Whether you’re reading this post at the beginning of the year or any other time of the year, it’s never too late to start working on yourself.
Why You Should Read Self-Improvement Books
A great way to improve yourself in all areas of your life is to read books to transform your life.
Listening to podcasts and reading self-help and self-development books in the past few years has really changed my life for the better especially after applying what I learned into my life.
Keep in mind though that self-improvement books won’t magically transform your life in a snap. If you’re not thinking deeply about the material and you’re just reading them through like a textbook, they’re not going to be helpful.
Instead, you should treat these books as tools and guides, take the time to really digest what you’re reading, and then apply the principles to your life.
I encourage you to get into the habit of reading self-development books if you aren’t already!
No time to read?
If you don’t like reading physical books or you just can’t find the time to read because you’re always on the go, I recommend that you check out Audible.
Audible is an audiobook subscription service that is perfect if you’re always on the go or you don’t have the time to sit down and read.
Whether you’re taking public transport or cleaning the house, you can always listen to your favorite audiobook and keep improving every day.
10 Self-Improvement Books To Read In 2021
If you’re ready to start making the changes that will transform your life this year, here are 10 self-improvement books to read in 2021.
1. You Are A Badass: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life
You Are A Badass is a great book to start off your personal development journey.
Jen Sincero lays out the practical strategies you can use to help transform the way you live so can can create the awesome life that you want.
2. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck is light-hearted and a great read if you need guidance on figuring out what is truly important in life.
3. Boss Bitch
Boss Bitch is the book for you if you’re a career-driven woman.
This is one of the best self-help books to read if you’re looking to advance in the workplace with a ton of smart life tips you can apply to your life.
4. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
You Are A Badass At Making Money: Master The Mindset Of Wealth is a must if you’re looking for ways to improve your mindset about money. You won’t look at money the same way after reading this!
5. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons In Personal Change is a classic if you’re looking for a great self-help book to read this year.
I love all of Stephen Covey’s books in The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective series and highly recommend checking them out.
6. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself dives into meditation and mindfulness to help transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you.
7. The Happiness Project
The Happiness Project is a great light read that follows Gretchen Rubin’s year-long experiment on how to create true happiness.
If you’re seeking ways to create more happiness in your life this year, you’ll want to give this book a try.
8. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
The Power Of Habit is the book you need to read to finally change the habits you just can’t seem to change and transform your work and personal life for the better.
9. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
The Gifts Of Imperfection will teach you how to embrace living authentically and increase your feelings of self-worth, acceptance, and love for yourself.
10. The Compound Effect: Multiply Your Success One Simple Step at a Time
The Compounding Effect is a great book to check out if you’re looking to finally jumpstart the success you want in your life. You’ll learn the strategies to:
- Achieve any goal
- Triumph over competitors
- Eliminate and change your bad habits that are slowing down your progress
- How to feel motivated even when you don’t feel like doing what you have to do
- Use the force of momentum
Don’t forget to check out my other posts on self-improvement:
- 25 New Year’s Goal Ideas For 2021 + Why Should You Set Goals This Year
- How To Slay Your Goals This Year
- How To Stay Motivated To Reach Your Goals
- 15 Kick-Ass Planners You Need To Get Organized
- 8 Things You Need To Do Before 9 AM For A More Productive Day
- 6 Ways To Start The Week Off Right Every Sunday
- How To Be More Productive When You Work From Home
- 7 Ways To Remove Negativity From Your Life
What are some personal growth books you will read this year? Let me know in the comments!