Want to generate extra cash each month?
Whether you are saving for a down payment on a house, treating yourself to a nice vacation, or earning enough to get away from having a 9 to 5 job, there are so many different streams of income you can add that can help you earn more money each month.
Having one or multiple side hustles also is a great way to diversify your income streams because it’s always good to have more than one in case something happens to one of them!
Here are 30 side hustles and small businesses you can start today to get some extra income coming in each month.
30 Side Hustles To Start Earning Extra Money Today
1. Babysit. Do you really enjoy being around kids? Babysitting is a great way to earn some extra cash and work with kids for a few hours a week.
2. Become a Lyft driver or DoorDash food delivery driver. If you like driving, become a part-time driver for Lyft and set your own hours of when you want to work. If you don’t want to drive people and would rather be a food delivery driver, check out DoorDash.
3. Start a blog. Want to earn passive income while writing about something that you’re passionate about? Start a blog on a topic that you’re passionate about to make some side money.
4. Rent out a room on Airbnb. Do you have an extra room for rent in your apartment? Or are you going on vacation and want to utilize the space while you’re gone? Become a host with Airbnb!
5. Pet sit. Pet sitting is a great way to deal with pets on a one-on-one basis if you’re not into babysitting kids. Pet owners will pay you to come to their house to care for their pets while they are away from home so they have the peace of mind that their pet is left in a familiar and comfortable environment. If you love working with pets and don’t mind traveling to different homes, this is a great part-time gig!
6. Pet boarding. If you don’t like the idea of going to someone else’s house to care for their pets while they’re away, you can also choose to take care of their pets in the comfort of your own home.
7. Become a dog walker. If you specifically love dogs and you’re comfortable with walking a lot, a great side gig is to become a dog walker and walk multiple dogs at a time. This is one of the best side hustles if you live in a neighborhood that is full of dogs!
8. Become a pet groomer. Love pets and everything beauty? Start your own part-time pet grooming business and help give pets a beautiful makeover!
9. Fill out paid surveys. Want to make money in your PJ’s right in the comfort of your own home? Companies will pay big bucks to find out what their customers think about their products and services. Here is a list of legit sites that’ll pay you hundreds of dollars just to give your opinion!
10. Become a social media influencer or manager. Do you have a big social media presence with a large number of engaged followers on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more? Companies will pay big bucks to influencers who will promote their products and services. If you have extensive social media experience, you can even make money by working as a social media manager for other brands and individuals!
11. Teach English online with VIPKID. If you have a knack for teaching and you like working with children, consider teaching English online part-time with VIPKID! You can make up to $22/hour teaching English to kids in China right from the comfort of your own home.
This is a nice little flexible side gig if you have a Bachelor’s degree in any field (or you’re currently enrolled as a university student) and any sort of experience formal or informal teaching experience (ex. tutoring, coaching, volunteering experience, etc). Learn more about VIPKID here for more information on how to earn up to $22/hour.
12. Become a virtual assistant. Are you good at project management, social media management, web design, administrative tasks, and more? Learn how to become a virtual assistant and get paid to help entrepreneurs and business owners get stuff done. You’ll be able to set your own hours and be your own boss!
13. Sell your services on freelancing sites such as Fiverr or Upwork. Do you have a special talent that you would like to monetize? People are always looking to get jobs done by others to save time so that they can focus their efforts on more important things. Become a freelancer on Fiverr or Upwork and sell your services! There are endless possibilities on these 2 sites if you have skills such as creating logos, website design, coding, writing, proofreading, and so much more.
14. Sell your own products on Etsy and Creative Market. Are you a creative, artsy person that’s into arts and crafts, jewelry, printables, and web design? Create your own business on Etsy and Creative Market and sell your own products for extra cash.
15. Mow your neighbor’s lawns & shovel snow in the winter. Most people dread shoveling their driveways in the winter or mowing their lawns in the summer. If you don’t mind doing these things, take advantage of it as they’re both great ways to make extra cash all throughout the year!
16. Take stock photos and sell them online. Do you love photography and would love to make some extra money doing something you’re passionate about? If you have a good quality camera or a DSLR, you can take pictures of people, pets, and/or objects and sell them online as stock photos. Some awesome sites to sell your photos are Getty Images, iStock, Shutterstock, and Adobe Stock.
17. Become a freelance photographer. If you’re passionate photography and also a people person, you can start your own freelance photography business by taking pictures of weddings, models, animals, cars, ceremonies, and travel destinations.
18. Start a Youtube channel. Whether you like to sing, draw, play video games, or talk about beauty or the latest gossip, you can make money on Youtube by getting paid sponsorships and ad revenue while talking about something that you love.
20. Become a mystery shopper. Many companies hire mystery shoppers to go into stores to make sure that they meet the standard quality of service and are compliant with regulations. All you have to do is pretend you are a customer and evaluate the service and product you are given. This is a great way to earn extra cash if you’re adventurous and you like to try new things.
21. Complete shopping audits. One of my favorite sites to complete shopping audits and make extra cash is Field Agent. There are tons of opportunities to make money including completing online surveys, doing in-store audits, menu audits, and mystery shopping. You can read more about Field Agent here.
22. Write your own e-book. Do you have an interesting story to tell or do you have special skills or talents that you want to teach others? Publish your own e-book and earn money by helping others and/or telling your story.
23. Start a dropshipping business. If you love working on your own and want to start your own e-commerce business, starting a dropshipping business might be right up your alley.
Dropshipping allows you to sell products that you don’t physically have so it’s a great way to save money when you don’t want to keep inventory on hand or you have no space. When a person purchases something on your site, the order is sent to a separate company who has the items on hand and they send it out to the purchaser for you. All you need to do is provide great customer service and source out reliable dropshipping suppliers.
24. Sell your old junk. Do you have a whole bunch of junk that you no longer need or clothes that you don’t wear anymore that are just lying around at home? Sell off your old belongings to someone who will treasure it while minimizing your belongings at the same time. Sell your clothes on thredUP and eBay and make some extra cash!
25. Sell products on Amazon FBA. Source a product or multiple products and start selling them on Amazon FBA. Learn how to start your very Amazon FBA business here or check out this free 7-day email course to help you get started!
26. Become a test user. Make extra money by testing out different websites and apps and providing feedback. A great site to check out that pays $10 per completed test is UserTesting.
27. Make extra money on Pinterest. Did you know that you can earn extra cash just by pinning on Pinterest? Make your first affiliate sale within 24 hours with this short and sweet step-by-step guide. All you need is a business Pinterest account! I made my own sale within 48 hours of implementing Elise’s strategy!
28. Sell your designs on Zazzle. Zazzle is a print-on-demand site where you can design your own products such as wedding invitations, gifts, mugs, and t-shirts. If you’re a creative person, make passive income by designing your own products and selling them on Zazzle. Just add your design, forget about it, and enjoy raking in the proceeds from it for years to come!
29. Complete transcriptions at home. Transcribing is where you listen to an audio file and type out all the words that you hear. If you have a keen ear, a good sense of accuracy, great grammar and punctuation skills, and you’re a fast typer, working at home as a part-time transcriber is a great side gig.
30. Help others complete home projects on Task Rabbit. Task Rabbit is a marketplace that connects freelance laborers with consumers who need help around the house. You can provide services such as cleaning, furniture assembly, delivery, yard work, and so much more! Become a Tasker on Task Rabbit and help others complete home projects whenever you’re free!
This concludes my post on the side hustles you can start today to generate some side income and help diversify your income streams.
I hope some of these ideas were helpful and that you’ll be able to find something on the side that you’re both passionate about and can help you reach your financial goals faster!
Looking for more ways to save money and make extra cash? Check out my other posts!
- 21 Effortless Ways To Make Extra Money In Your PJ’s
- 30 Ways To Save Money & Cut Down Your Monthly Expenses
- How To Make Up To $22/Hour Teaching English Online At Home
What are some side hustles you’ll be starting or are already doing to help supplement your income? Feel free to share in the comments!